- President Rufus Babcock, the second president of Colby College (1833-1836)
- "Rufus Babcock, the second president of Colby College (1833-1836). Babcock came to the presidency following the resignation of President Chaplin. He reunited the college and reformed many of the antiquated policies Colby had inherited from similar American and British institutions" (10).
- Colby College Special Collections, Waterville, Maine
- Colbiana Photographs
- The Old Photographs Series: Colby College, A Venture of Faith. Compiled by Anestes G. Fotiades. Alan Sutton, Inc. Augusta, Maine: 1994.
- Shared Shelf Commons is a free service provided by ARTstor. ARTstor does not screen or select these images, and is acting as an online service provider under the Digital Millennium Copyright act in making this service available. Should you have copyright concerns about an image, please go to the Reporting a Copyright Problem of our website and follow the instructions, which will provide us with the necessary information to proceed.
Discover images from libraries, archives, and museums around the world.
Shared Shelf Commons is a free open-access library of images.
Search and browse collections with tools to zoom, print, export, and share images.
Institutions that subscribe to Shared Shelf, a web-based service for cataloging and managing digital collections, can choose to share their images with the world via the Commons.