- Chikamatsu, Hanji (Japanese playwright, d. 1786 or 1787) / 近松半二, d. 1786 or 7
- 増補天網島．新地茶や段 / [近松半二原作] / Zōho Ten no Amijima, Shinchi chaya no dan / [Chikamatsu Hanji gensaku]
- Woodblock Print
- 15.6cm X 21.0cm
- Edo (Japanese Period)
-  double leaves. Based on his 心中紙屋治兵衛 茶屋の段 / shinjū Kamiya Jihē chaya no dan
- Japanese Woodblock Print Materials: Theatrical Prints and Books from Early Modern Japan
- Cornell: Theatre Prints and Books from Early Modern Japan
- This image has been selected and made available by a user using Artstor's software tools. Artstor has not screened or selected this image or cleared any rights to it and is acting as an online service provider pursuant to 17 U.S.C. §512. Artstor disclaims any liability associated with the use of this image. Should you have any legal objection to the use of this image, please visit http://www.artstor.org/copyright for contact information and instructions on how to proceed.
Discover images from libraries, archives, and museums around the world.
Shared Shelf Commons is a free open-access library of images.
Search and browse collections with tools to zoom, print, export, and share images.
Institutions that subscribe to Shared Shelf, a web-based service for cataloging and managing digital collections, can choose to share their images with the world via the Commons.